1. When is the deadline of registration? May I register after the deadline?
The annual deadline of regular registration for AST exam is May 31st. A 200 RMB fee will be charged for late registration which runs June 1 through June 30.
2. How do I choose a testing subject?
AST has 3 subjects: English, Mathematics, and Physics.English and Mathematics are compulsory and Physics is selective. Meanwhile, candidates may choose the subjects according to the universities’ requirement.
3. How do I choose a testing site?
AST offers 36 testing sites in China. Typically, students should choose a location nearest to them.
4. May I apply to change the site?
Should students wish to change their testing site, they must apply before 31st July. After this date, the AST center will not accept any requests for site changing.
5. If necessary, how do I cancel? What should I do if I want my fee back?
Should the candidates cancel the test, they must send the “Test Cancel Request Form” and “Refund Request” to the AST centre before May 31st (via fax, receipt confirmed with AST staff by telephone). Fees are typically refunded to your account in October.
6. Is there a deadline for refund requests? May I have a refund without sending the request or sending the request after the deadline?
The last day to file for a refund request is on May 31st.
7. How much will I get back if the refund request is accepted?
Once your refund request is confirmed, you will receive 50% of your exam fee back.